Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

The last few years have been a roller coaster ride for me dealing with a miasma of emotions. Even with everything, I have found I have a lot to be thankful for.

I am very thankful to be alive. Due to my earlier mental state it was touch and go for awhile. I am also thankful I am healthy with two arms, two legs and my five senses functioning well. The only afflictions I suffer from are the ones caused by the disease called "getting older." Even though I now creak and groan when I sit down or stand up my spirit is still twenty something.

I am grateful I found a therapist I feel comfortable with that gives me that "safe place" to go to and deal with any issues that may arise.

I am also thankful I have a roof over my head and a stable job at a good company. I am very appreciative that I have the opportunity to grow with AT&T and enjoy the people I work with.

I am blessed to have my writing return to me. After not having written anything for five years, I thought the talent was gone. A few months ago the words returned with a force, giving birth to poetry, short fiction and one novel that I am starting to write. My muse further blessed me by branching out to music and I have written five songs with the help of a great little program called Garage Band.

I am thankful for my friends, both old and new. It was because of their compassion, understanding and encouragement that I found my way back from the precipice. My old friends Andrew, Austin and Troy have been invaluable to me with their giving natures. My new friends Kat, Tommy, Root Beer Dave and Afro Dave gave me a new group to hang out with at our Thursday Evening Get-togethers. (for those not mentioned, please do not take it as a slight. You all are very important to me)

I encourage all of you who read this to make a list of all the things you are thankful and grateful for and share it with your loved ones. Encourage them to repost and share their own lists.

Pay the good things forward and watch the changes it will bring. I wish everyone a happy healthy 2008 filled with passion, peace and joy.

Let's make 2009 a year to remember. One where we achieve beyond our wildest dreams. And remember ...

Live with an Attitude of Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment