Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I Know We Will Be Married

When I met you for the first time you had yourself a man
But I fell in love anyways - against my better plan
Now I'm the kind of guy who would borrow, beg or steal
So before I go much further tell me, "Is your love for real?"

For I know we will be married - The invites have been written
I booked the hall yesterday - Please tell me you are smitten
I hired a photographer and baked the wedding cake
But not checking with the bride might be my big mistake

Now I could send you flowers, but he would send bouquets
I could give your hours, but he would give you days
I don't know how much longer I will sink before I swim
So please tell me that you're leaving - even on a whim

For I know we will be married - By Sandra Day O'Connor
If you don't want her as the judge she could be the Maid Of Honor
A Rabbi, Priest or Reverand - it's all the same to me
But I'll make a foolish bridegroom without a Bride To Be

So tell me that you love - through thickest and through thin
Just tell that you love me - if it only means in Sin
Tell me that you love me and it will be all right
We'll get married in the morning
And fight throughout the night

No comments:

Post a Comment