Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Old Poem

I am posting an old poem I wrote many, MANY years ago. I wish I could say that I found it in a box while cleaning out my attic. But sadly no, all the writing from my teens, twenties and thirties is gone; lost to many moves across three states.

Why this poem came back to my consciousness? Damned if I know, but something tells me that I need to share it. So here you are:

I watch you walk down the street
Your red hair blazing in the sun
Bouncing merrily in tune with your graceful stride

And I realize then that I love you

Not because you are the most beautiful
Nor because you are the smartest
Not even because of what you give me

But simply because you are you
And you take pride in that

The time you take to show me you world
The time you take to get to know mine

That is why I love you

And why I always will

No comments:

Post a Comment